Box Condition Rating System Box conditions are rated from A to F with A being perfect.
- (A) Rated box is perfect: A box that has no labels, tape or tape residue, no writing or marks and no dents or tears on the exterior of the box.
- (B) Rated box is almost perfect: A box that may be perfect except some labels or small writing that STB professionals can remove without any damage happening, possibly restoring it back to a (A) rated box.
- (C) Rated box is still in pretty good shape: A box may have small rips on the exterior, small dents on the corners and/or labels that have been removed incorrectly.
- (D) Rated box has many more rips: A box that has more tears than a (C) rated box, labels that have been cut off, large writing on the exterior, large dents and/or possibly holes in the box.
- (F) Rated box is the worst of all box conditions: F box that has been previously opened or has no box at all. These boxes can be completely destroyed or loose units in another box.